Kúty is a village of the town type. The first written mentioning was in 1427.
Kuty was mentioned as a town in 1715. The population is 4,273 people.
The distance from the center district is 10 km and from the railway station Vizhnytsya — 1.2 km.
The main population is Ukrainians (nearly 98%), Russians, Byelorussians, Poles, Armenians and even Hahauzy.
There are two schools, two kindergartens, and a hospital with 110 beds and a dispensary. There are private shops, bakery, house of services and hotel.
Vasyl Stefanyk, Ivan Franko, Lesya Ukrainka, Myhajlo Drahomanov visited Kuty. They are proud of Vira Vovk, a poetess, and an artist Lesya Korotnytska.
There are a lot of historical and cultural monuments. Among them there are two churches and Polish Roman-Catholic church, a monument to Taras Shevchenko (1961), fraternal grave to Soviet soldiers and officers, symbolic grave of those killed for freedom of Ukraine, and a settlement of the 10–13th century (opened in 1930).
The village sustained great loses in 1940–1950 from German invaders (destroyed all Jewish population) and Soviet repressive organs (over 180 people).